watch our video on installing the rustic collection
CLICK HERE TO READ AN ARTICLE FROM LOWE'S ABOUT SHIPLAP INSTALLATION
Check out this simple visual guide for installing the Rustic Collection.
WHAT TO KNOW BEFORE INSTALLING
Product should be stored in room to be installed for 10 days to 2 weeks to allow product to acclimate to moisture conditions in room. All surfaces that this product is applied to should be dry. When applied over masonry, waterproofing should be done and vapor barrier applied prior to installation.
FOR INTERIOR USE ONLY
Click here to read and print out the full list of installation instructions.
BASIC INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
For realistic appearance, use square black masonry nails to mimic old cut nails.
Construction adhesive can be used in install over walls or ceilings with other coverings if they are in relatively good condition. Follow adhesive manufacturer’s instructions and use small finish nails to hold in place while adhesive dries.
Special instructions for 1 x 6 boards:
- Install in a vertical or horizontal application by nailing directly through drywall into studs. Vertical applications may require furring strips on a minimum of 24” centers.
A few things to know
- Store Rustic Collection boards inside where it is to be installed for 2 weeks in order to let the wood acclimate to the moisture content of the room.
- Prevent damage: Don't expose the boards to direct sunlight, rain, or moisture.
- Install on interior walls, interior ceilings, wainscoting, tables, shelving bars, kitchen islands, etc.
- Please, don't install on floors or on exterior siding.
- Wood is nature's product, expect variations in color and grain pattern.