Looks like reclaimed pallet Wood, without all the work (and cost!)
Made in the U.S.A | Reclaimed Appearance | Pre-finished & Distressed | Great for DIY
Inspired by the feel and appearance of weathered pallet boards, our Rustic Pallet Boards are a superior substitution for pallet wood. Let us save you time and money: our gently distressed Southern Yellow Pine boards give the appearance of age while our unique staining process provides refinement. That means no searching, no cleaning, no staining, and no need to worry about harmful chemicals (and who knows what else) that may accompany salvaged pallet wood. We guarantee the feel of pallet wood, with none of the fuss.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Each board is 5 1/2 " wide and 47 1/2 " in length.
- Each board is made of solid Southern Yellow Pine, and is 3/8" thick.
- For the entire design spec sheet, click here.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Are the trees used to make these wood planks replanted?
- Absolutely. We make our Rustic Pallet Boards from trees grown in sustainably managed forests and our manufacturing process is carbon neutral (even carbon negative). Responsible forestry practices lead to happy, healthy forests. Healthy forests = healthy planet, and we're all for that.
- Can I install Rustic Pallet Boards vertically?
- Yes! You can install in a vertical or horizontal application by nailing directly through the drywall into your studs. Vertical applications, however, may require furring strips on a minimum of 24” centers. If you have any questions, take a quick look at our How To section or let us know and we'll help you out.
- Can I install Rustic Pallet Boards myself or do I need a contractor?
- Is it true I should wait two weeks after buying to install?
- It's what we recommend. That's because our planks are made of solid Southern Yellow Pine. Every home, every room, is different. Therefore, it's a good idea to acclimate the wood to the moisture content of the room before installation.
- Can I install Rustic Pallet Boards on the outside of my home or floors?
- You can install Rustic Pallet Boards on exterior porch ceilings (as long as rain can't get onto the ceiling) and on interior walls and ceilings. This product is not meant to be used as flooring or exterior siding.
- Can I paint Rustic Pallet Boards?
- Yes! The stain on our pre-finished boards will allow paint to adhere to them easily, although we do suggest that you use a primer for optimal results and longevity.
- Where can I buy Rustic Pallet Boards?
- You can purchase at select Lowe's Home Improvement Stores. Look at the location map here.