Made in the U.S.A | Rough Texture | Rustic Appearance | Perfect for DIY
We've taken traditional Shiplap and made it even better. By custom engineering the rabbet joints on our Rustic Rough Sawn Shiplap, we're delivering 7% more coverage than our competitors. What's that mean, you ask? With our new Rustic Rough Sawn Shiplap, you get more board exposure without the waste of hidden joints, so you can cover more project area with less product. And it gets better. We're also saving you time and money by providing our gently distressed Southern Yellow Pine boards with the appearance of age while our unique staining process provides unique refinement, which means no extra finishing work for you. We've got you covered.
BY THE NUMBERS
- Each Shiplap board is 5 3/8 " wide, 8' in length and covers 3.42 sq. ft.
- Each Square Edge board is 3 3/8" wide, 8' in length and covers 2.33 sq. ft.
- Each board is made of solid Southern Yellow Pine, and is 5/8" thick.
- For the entire design spec sheet, click here.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Are the trees used to make these wood planks replanted?
- Absolutely. We make our Rustic Rough Sawn from trees grown in sustainably managed forests and our manufacturing process is carbon neutral (even carbon negative). Responsible forestry practices lead to happy, healthy forests. Healthy forests = healthy planet, and we're all for that.
- Can I install Rustic Rough Sawn vertically?
- Yes! You can install in a vertical or horizontal application by nailing directly through the drywall into your studs. Vertical applications, however, may require furring strips on a minimum of 24” centers. If you have any questions, take a quick look at our How To section or let us know and we'll help you out.
- Can I install Rustic Rough Sawn myself or do I need a contractor?
- Is it true I should wait two weeks after buying to install?
- It's what we recommend and that's because our planks are made of solid Southern Yellow Pine. Every home, every room, is different. Therefore, it's a good idea to acclimate the wood to the moisture content of the room before installation.
- Can I install Rustic Rough Sawn on the outside of my home or floors?
- You can install Rustic Rough Sawn Shiplap on exterior porch ceilings (as long as rain can't get onto the ceiling) and on interior walls and ceilings. This product is not meant to be used as flooring or exterior siding.
- Can I paint Rustic Rough Sawn?
- Yes! The stain on our pre-finished boards will allow paint to adhere to them easily, although we do suggest that you use a primer for optimal results and longevity.
- Where can I buy Rustic Rough Sawn?
- You can purchase at select Lowe's Home Improvement Stores. Check out the location map here.